Tanzania Mission Trip 2020
Habari gani toka Tanzania!
(Hello from Tanzania)
Wow! What an amazing time watching God work in Tanzania through Pastor Michael’s ministry and how much more amazing that the Lord allowed us to be a part of it. Thanks for joining us in His work!
Here are some highlights:
- We got to share individually, John shared the gospel with Maasai leaders and Mary with the Massai women
- John had the joy of baptizing six new believers coming out of the Muslim faith
- Extreme joy sharing at a school Pastor Michael began in a 98% Muslim community. Mary shared the wordless book gospel message with over 100 children through colored T-shirts, story and song.
- The national Mom’s In Prayer Tanzanian leader joined Mary and 40 women for training in praying for their children, schools and teachers across the nation.
- About 30 married couples joined us for an intense, exciting and interactive marriage seminar.
- Each team member took on a different home fellowship in different locations joined by church leaders.
- We had great attendance for a two day Pastor’s leadership training seminar ministering to Pastors and wives from across Tanzania and Zanzibar island.
In the Pastor’s training God led me (John) to share a home discipleship series that was immediately well received and is already being used in several church home fellowships across Tanzania.
During widow’s ministry visitation and prayer for an 85 year old brand new believer out of Islam, another woman suddenly appeared also asking prayer for healing. After I (Mary) prayed with her, I asked “Do you know this Jesus who we are praying to?” She said, “No”. I asked if she would like to know who He is. That conversation led to my sharing the gospel and her receiving Christ. Incredible joy!
Pastor Michael and the local Christian leadership are doing a remarkable Kingdom work bringing the truth of God’s word to many, especially in the Muslim community to faith in Christ.
Without you, your prayers, support, and the Lord’s calling none of this would have been possible!
Enjoy some pics below!
With grateful hearts,
John and Mary